TRF is self-archiving and making the past Hilton Head Workshop Technical Digests available for free as an on-line downloadable document, but restrictions of copyright are still in effect. Copyright of the technical digest and each paper is retained by TRF and must have the approval of TRF for any reuse of text, figures and images. Any reuse permission granted must use the proper citation of the Technical Digest and the corresponding DOI number.
Reprint permissions for materials copyrighted by TRF are generally granted for use in appropriate publications. To receive approval for inclusion of its materials in subsequent publications, TRF has established the following conditions.
- Permission must have been approved in a letter signed by at least one of the original authors and a copy of that letter submitted with the TRF Reprint Request Form (alternatively, permission may be indicated by signature of one of the author(s) on the TRF reprint-request form).
- Use of logos or other user identification may not be added to any materials reprinted from TRF sources.
- Identification of the original title and author(s), source location, DOI # and copyright ownership by TRF must be displayed on the first page of any reprinted materials.
- Example of proper credit lines for: (1) a printed article, (2) a figure, follow. (Paper and author are fictitious.)
- Robert Fineman , "MEMS Magnetic Manipulators," 1998 Hilton Head Workshop on Sensors and Actuators, Tech. Digest 1000-04, reprinted with the permission of the author and the Transducer Research Foundation.
- Figure 3 is a reprint of Figure 6 in: Robert Fineman, "MEMS Magnetic Manipulators," 1998 Hilton Head Workshop on Sensors and Actuators, Tech. Digest 1001, reprinted with the permission of the author and the Transducer Research Foundation.
If you would like to receive reprint permission, requestors must complete and submit the TRF Reprint Application Form
along with a copy of the author's permission letter to:
Katharine K. Cline
Executive Director, Transducer Research Foundation, Inc.
Upon receipt of the TRF Reprint Application Form
, your request will be processed and you will hear within one week of the submission date the status on your request.
Questions about Reprint Policy should should also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org